The mission of the Friends of Missouri Breaks Monument is to protect and preserve the Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument by educating the public, advocating for responsible access and environmentally responsible uses, and supporting groups and agencies that protect and restore the Monument.
FMB is a 501 (c3) organization and has 3 year round staff and 6 to 10 seasonal workers depending on the project season. FMB operates on 3 pillars: Advocacy, Education, and Stewardship. Each of these pillars encompass a large scope of work for the organization.
Membership - Outreach Manager
FMB is looking for a highly motivated individual with a high degree of integrity to manage our Membership and Outreach. The position requires a high degree of organization, technical knowledge and interacting with the public. The Membership - Outreach Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and will be located in the FMB main office in Helena, MT. The position is focused on 3 main objectives:
Manage and grow the FMB membership.
Create, manage and implement FMB’s online presence including: website, social media, blog, membership communications and newsletter.
Manage and implement the annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival.
Primary Duties and Repsonsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate FMB’s online presence.
- Develop annual plan to develop FMB’s membership
- Produce a quarterly newsletter and regular digital communications regarding relevant issues, events, etc.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain, create, and improve FMB data collection
- Manage, coordinate and implement the Wild & Scenic Film Festival located in 5 venues across the state
- Assist Executive Director with advocacy projects
- Maintain the website so that it is current on advocacy pieces and current events
- Work to maintain a statewide presence through outreach events and online presence
- Expand and maintain photo/video library
- Maintain membership/donor data base
- Accounts receivable
- Create and implement earned media strategy in collaboration with Executive Director
- Create and maintain data points regarding outreach and membership (#of members, #of contacts, #of hits online, etc.)
- Assist FMB Executive Director to create new partnerships or improve/maintain exisiting partnerships
- Assist Executive Director in fundraising
- Maintain regular check-ins with FMB Executive Director
Additional job responsibilities
- Attend conferences and meetings representing FMB
- Support for FMB events, volunteer excursions and other organization-building activities will be required periodically
- Some evenings and weekend work will be required
Bachelor’s Degree or higher desirable but not required
Minimum two years’ experience in management or leadership role.
Past work in a collaborative group a defined plus.
Experience with Bloomerang, Word Press, Adobe Photo Shop Suite, Microsoft Office
Required to gain first-hand knowledge of Monument and develop strong knowledge of Monument policies, history, cultural events/importance, wildlife and habitat
Desire to work with the public
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent relationship building skills
Must have an open mind toward diversity and inclusion
Demonstrated ability to work independently, track record as a self-starter
Interest in the Monument, Wild & Scenic Missouri River, conservation and public lands.
Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds occasionally
Position will be required to complete backcountry field work periodically
Experience in field work, working with volunteers, or conservation all desirable
Current driver’s license with clean driving record
A deep commitment to the mission of the Friends of the Missouri Breaks Monument
Adaptable, flexible and able to see outcomes
Patience and a sense of humor are imperative
High energy level – self motivated
High degree of integrity
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience will benefit this position and the organization, your resume, and two writing samples. Please provide three references.
Email application to Tim Dwyer at email@example.com